Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sarah Bug



My little Sarah bug just turned 3!
DSC_1143 
She is our little princess (living up to that name meaning) in so many ways.
She definitely gives us a run for our money and makes us laugh ALL.THE.TIME.

Some fun Sarah quotes

Me: "Sarah, what do you like about Levi?"
Sarah: "nofing, I don't whike Lebi"

Sarah: Mom can I listen to "spechi-tales?" (vegie-tales)

Sarah: No mom, its the Lizard of Oz!

We did not do a big party for Sarah this year, just a special date and a family dinner.  
DSC_1116 DSC_1129 DSC_1132 DSC_1134 DSC_1144 DSC_1151 DSC_1157 DSC_1162 IMG_8936 DSC_1152 DSC_1139


She is just a joy and a delightful child, and it was really hard earlier to year to watch my bouncy girl not quite as bouncy.


Many of you don't know this but we have had a hard year with Sarah's health also.  Around the same time Norah was diagnosed with diabetes Sarah was having some health issues herself.  Well to make it short, Sarah is allergic to Soy, which is in E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G you buy!! It is Monsanto destroying my family and everyone else.  It is harder for to Sarah to eat out than Norah.  I can easily order Norah a burger (no bun), grilled chicken and veggies.  Well with Sarah soy is laced in everything when you go out to eat.  For example there is not one food item Sarah can have at McDonalds or Taco Bell, they are all laced with Soy.  Not that I want her to eat there ever anyway.  Plus she is also still sensitive to dairy, she can have cheese and dairy bake into items, but no milk, ice cream or yogurt. Eating at our house is fun, but it's good because we are all moving in a healthier direction, not perfect, but getting there.

Soy is horrible for all of us though (unless it is fermented). Just do a little research.  So we stick to Coconut Aminos at our house if we want something Asian flavored.

And for Sarah, she knows most things she can't have and that mom packs her special snacks.  She tells people, "no, I can't have that it gives me fast poops!"  And if Norah can't have something Sarah interjects with, "that gives Norah sugars."

She is just her own little self, with squishy cheeks, cheesy smiles, and lots of love!

DSC_1220 DSC_1141 DSC_1201 DSC_0866 

"Mommy say you love me too!!" 

Sarah, I love you too!

DSC_1121

3 comments:

  1. My best friend is allergic to soy, wheat and dairy! I can totally understand how hard it is to avoid! Happy Birthday to Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, soy wheat and dairy, ugh, that's no good !

      Delete
  2. Jenn, do you ever allow yourself to know that you are AMAZING???
    You have been through more than one person should ever have to handle, and yet you do so with such grace. I admire you. Praying for you all as you continue to find your "normal." With much love, Diane. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!