Saturday, October 1, 2011

About Me


I am Jenni
DSC08797

I am probably like many others who blog.  A Wife. A Mom. A Daughter. and I totally love Jesus.  I am a dental hygienist, but now I  am a stay at home mom, because of this and this in the same year.    My life has not been easy, our family has endured so many losses, too many.....

My Father: Died of Leukemia when I was 9
My Oldest BrotherDied of Brain tumor when I was 15
My Mother in lawDied instantly after being bucked off a horse when I was pregnant with Maya
Baby Goodlin # 2: Miscarriage July 14, 2010
My Sister: Died instantly of a Cardiac Dysthrymia, December 11, 2010

Now we are in the process of adopting My sister's daughter, Norah, she is 2 years old.
These losses have shaped my life and allowed me to trust in God, and realize only true hope is in Him.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Update
Our little Norah, who is now 5 years old as diagnosed with type one diabetes last year (when she was 4).  Although, we were not totally surprised because life has given us so many curve balls, our world has been totally rocked.
I watch my sister Carrisa, suffer from an Autoimmune disease her whole life and eventually die from it.  Now, her daughter, who we are taking care of is suffering from an autoimmune disease.  I hate it everyday.  But everyday I have to rely on Him.

I have been married to my wonderful husband Brett for 10 years.  We have 3 little girls, Maya, Norah & Sarah.  And now our son Levi

Welcome to our life now, Life with the Goodlins
View More: http://sarajoyphotography.pass.us/goodlin_2014

View More: http://sarajoyphotography.pass.us/goodlin_2014

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through ETC today. Reading your list of losses makes my heart ache...but thank you for sharing them. I spend my busy days (with 3 little ones, like you) wondering in the back of my mind why God allows so much suffering in some lives and seemingly not nearly as much in others. It is hard to hurt and feel like you are the only one for whom life is not just going swimmingly.

    I'm so sorry for your sorrows. I'm also encouraged to see that there is still good, and happiness, and joy even though the losses remain.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I just read this again today and it just really encouraged me, thank you for commenting

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog through the Cara exchange. I was reading through your blog and can relate to some of it. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, would love to hear how you can relate!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!