Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in California

We couldn't leave without having Starbucks!

Our trip began at 4pm on Tuesday leaving in the car for a 17 hour drive. Well, that 17 hours turned into about 20, since they closed the freakin interstate! The weather was less than ideal driving through Wyoming, snowing, windy, blinding conditions. Brett did great driving, protecting myself and the baby. I am sure it was very stressful for him (you did great babe). We were finally within reach of Utah, clear skies, no more snow, good road conditions, and they CLOSED the interstate! What the heck, why now, with good road conditions? We had to pull over (it's 1am) with over 100 other cars where there were no services, nothing, just cold.

I froze for 2.5 hours, and was warmed about every 45 minutes when Brett would turn the car on. I tried to cuddle in my holey blanket and pile jackets up on myself to keep the heat in, but the bitter 4 degree weather penetrated the car and me! Finally they opened the interstate (now 2:30am), and we proceeded with no idea why it was ever closed to begin with. arghhhh!!!

Despite the drive we enjoy our trip. We spent time with our friends the Hornackes and their cute daughter Kyri. We at at In N' Out burger (of course twice) so tasty. We got to go to grandmas house, enjoy thanksgiving meal, time with family, and a hilarious white elephant gift exchange. Brett and I also got to enjoy a night in the ER together, because we Both checked in, so fun, but not really.

Don't worry we are all 3 fine (baby included). We thought we had a bad case of food poisoning but it turned about to be a virus called "Gastroentenitis." Brett and I woke up at about 1 am exchanging vomit sessions in the bathroom, it was terrible.... and then it turned to diarrhea and vomit. Brett laughed out loud while I was going diarrhea, no shame left there folks. It actually wasn't really diarrhea it was more like brown water coming out of my butt. We then laid back down and laughed together because we were both so sick. My mom heard this commotion and heard mom instinct kicked in and she took us to the ER (especially since I am pregnant)

Upon arrival to the ER Brett and I exchanged trips to the bathroom, just releasing more Bile, because that was about all that was left in our bodies. Somehow the front desk lady didn't notice Brett getting up every 2 minutes to vomit and didn't check him in, thinking he was fine. Poor husband, who was probably worse than myself, kept getting ignored (love ya babe). We were treated with IV liquids, an anti nausea med, an the babies heart beat was check and it was just fine. Oh not to mention we were there for over 4 hours. Now all we had left was a 17 hour drive back to Colorado. We survived and now just laugh at the situation, although I never want to do it again.

Despite the ER and the closed interstate I had a great time and was so happy to see my family and friends.

Cousins and Siblings

The Adults and Danny

My 7 year old nephew Danny with his Bling

Sarah, Kevin and Kyri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!