Friday, April 4, 2008

Last day for "girl Friday"

Yesterday was my last day at the Friday dental office. For those who don't know I had been hygiene subbing at an office about twice a month on Fridays for the past 1.5 years. They called me "girl Friday"

It was actually a great place to work, they really made me feel a part of things even though I wasn't there very often. Plus there is a hygienist there who is my age and is so sweet and so much fun to work with!

Since the baby is coming I decided that now would be as good as time as any to quit working there, not because I didn't like it, but simply because I would love an extra day at home with Maya and we don't need the income of that one extra day. It was still hard leaving because the staff is so nice, but I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

They had flowers for me, a stuffed animal for Maya, and lunch from Olive Garden. Oh, and I can't forget the best part, the chocolate creme pie, sooo delicious! When I read the card from Lynae (other hygienist) I got a little choked up and I could have easily cried, but I held it back since I had made myself the promise not to cry. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for tears.

I made it through the whole 4 hours of work without a hitch. I did have to mention L.C's implant situation to eveyrone since this office does so many implants, they were all shocked and in disbelief. I am glad I had an easy day without any hard or weird patients, it was just a good way to leave.

2 comments:

  1. what a blessing that you don't have to work on friday's anymore...one more day a week with your baby is going to be wonderful! and it will save on childcare too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i just got the bill for my flippin' surgery... ask the office if i can become the new "girl friday." i could use the extra income now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!