Sunday, March 4, 2012

You belong here

One of the things that has been a barrier to me bonding fully to Norah is allowing myself to let go of Carrisa as her earthly mother.  I have always felt that I am not honoring Carrisa, or taking something away from her by allowing myself to fully be Norah's mommy. Then I had one of Carrisa friends tell me, "God chose Carrisa to be Norah's mother for the first18 months of her life, now he has chosen you."  That was a big deal for me to hear.

 I hope people to not misunderstand.  Carrisa is and will always be Norah's mommy, but right now on earth I am hers (still hard for me to grasp).  Allowing myself to understand this has really made a huge difference in connecting with Norah.  It is a strange dance, allowing myself to fully embrace the role of mommy to Norah while honoring and remembering my sister.  It is not always easy.

We made a little video for Norah, now that she is adopted, from mommy and daddy.  We want her to know how much we love her, and how much she belongs here, we want her to know she belongs with us!


New Project from Brett and Jenni Goodlin on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Jenny....and I agree with your friend. God Chose you to be her second mommy. You are an amazing women and God knew you could handle the challenge and you are doing an awesome job! I was crying by the end of the video....My husband said what are you watching that you are crying. Tears of joy for you and your family and for your new addition Norah. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears, so many tears...the first second of you dancing with your sweet girl in your arms. what an amazing mom & gal after God's heart you are, thanks for blogging and sharing your life with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful. :-) Brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jenn. You have the most amazing heart. Always have. Norah is blessed to have you as her mommy and I'm sure Carissa is looking down smiling and feeling so proud of you and greatful for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!