Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fathers day 2012

I love fathers day.  I just love celebrating that my husband is a father, what a gift!  It is so nice to spend a day just for him, and he never asks for anything and usually chooses to do something the girls would want to do, like swim.........which is one of the many reasons he is a great father.

Many of you may not know this about my husband, but he has a huge heart, especially for the fatherless.  There are so many children who do not have a father around, or a good father figure (and we both know and understand that feeling) Being a father committed to the Lord and his children is huge for Brett! He never wants the girls to feel like he wasn't there, that he wasn't a leader or a great example.  He wants them to know without a shadow of a doubt how much he loves each one of them and how much he loves Jesus.

So on fathers day this year, we did our second annual breakfast in bed.
The girls were just so excited to help!
DSC_0042

DSC_0041
lovely hair norah
DSC_0043

DSC_0053
well good morning
DSC_0052

DSC_0056

DSC_0060

DSC_0061
well, at least I tried to put a clip in it
DSC_0063

DSC_0067
haha, i love Sarah's face in this one.  she loves bananas!
DSC_0070

DSC_0073
and Brett's face in this one
Maya & Norah made these little daddy lollipops we saw in a magazine, I was so proud of Maya she did hers all by herself.  Norah had a little assistance
DSC_0015

DSC_0022

DSC_0115
he can't even contain himself is he so excited about the lollipops
I combined a few different ideas I saw on pinterest and we made this for daddy. 
  DSC_0121

It is a daddy questioner.
I used Microsoft Word to create a document with photos.
I interviewed the girls with several questions
I took the photos using one of the chalk board bubbles Brett made
Then I printed it at Costco for $1.50 &  used an old frame and spray painted it gray.
daddy13234
I love their little answers, I never knew Brett was so tall!
Dad wanted a back massage DSC_0123

and it was pretty hot, so we went to to the pool
 DSC_0141

 and nothing finishes fathers day better than a BBQ, where Papa & Yami joined us
DSC_0153

DSC_0155

DSC_0158
for dessert, dad's root beer floats

  Thank you for being such a great father Brett, your heart is so big and I love watching you love our daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!