Saturday, May 17, 2014

to not get tired of doing good


This season of friendship is very different for me
We are all busy, very busy being moms, so time together is usually completely interrupted and full of chaos!  It is also different than what I ever thought it would be, because we are all different.
friends

This photo was taken on Valentines Day, just before Norah diagnosis.  It just happens that these 4 ladies have been right by my side during this rough life transition.   I have met them in various places, and we don't all go to the same church, and we all don't even run in the same circles, but they are still some of my closest friends!

I am always learning about friendship and what it means, and how to be a better friend, but I have learned so much during these past few months.

I have learned that sometimes the best friendships turn out to be with some of the least expected people.

Of these women my first thoughts of them consisted of,
"She must hate me"
"She's probably to granola for me,"
" She's to blunt"
&
"She's way to popular to want to hang out with me".


Now I look back and see that so many of these things are what I love about these ladies, they are traits that aren't as strong for me and they help me grow in so many ways!

For example

"She must hate me"= she's actually just really shy, and I have learned so much about kindness, being a good friend, generosity and humility from her.
"She's to granola for me" = she actually really helped me look at more balance not just in the food I eat, but in parenting, and she is always always looking out for the needs of others.
"She's to blunt"= one of the longest lasting, most loyal and genuine friends I have and has helped me to better know how to speak the truth in love and that being a woman isn't limiting.
"She's way to popular to want to hang out with me" = she has never thought of herself better than others, and she has so many friends because she is an outstanding person,  and she has been one of the best examples of a mother to me! 
 

I have also learned time and time again that the hard times in life really show the true colors of friendships.  These ladies are all going through rough and hard things themselves but it has not stopped them from pouring out love and kindness to our family.

My heart, mind and body have just been so tired lately.... just worn to the bone, but I am continually reminded by these ladies (through their actions) that I should not get tired of doing good.  Just as the scriptures says, " Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal 6:9   
This verse is for my life right now.


We do all have one common core, and that is Christ. 
Each of these ladies know how to surround people with life and the love in their own unique ways with Christ as their center.  
And for this I am so very grateful!



2 comments:

  1. So glad you have the ladies to be there for you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is warming to hear you speak of your friends with such respect and love. You are blessed indeed, to have friends. Soulmates who are there for you. God is so good. Hang in there Jenni, being a Mother is a high calling. May He continue to give you grace. Thank you for sharing this, makes me appreciate my friends more.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!