Thursday, February 26, 2015

That one place



I always want our home to be a place the girls and Levi want to be!  A place of warmth and comfort, where the walls are surrounded by love and memories.  A place, where when life gets hard, it's just where you want to be.  Having a home like that is more than how it looks, more than the decorations or the colors on the walls, but a place where the beauty is told by what happens inside those walls.

There is one place in our home, that is "the place to be"

I'm not quite sure what it is, but this chair, this spot in our room...... It's the best!
DSC_0743

I could sit there for hours and everything about it is comforting

Our room is one of the only places in our home we have yet to decorate,

but I still could be in this chair all day!

It is the place where I read, I rest.

My children sit on my lap

We read stories

Watch shows

Stare out the window together

It is the place where the kids argue about who gets to sit there

especially that corner spot, the best!

Even Levi, desperately races and climbs for his spot .
DSC_0745

It is the place where blonde hair has been braided, millions of times!

And giggles and thieves oil have been spread.

It is the place I always go when the house in silent and the kids are napping.  Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do when I get there, I just know I want to be there.

It is the place I go when I feel sad or overwhelmed

It is the place where I have gotten a closer look at who God is through His word

and it is the place I have gotten to know the Braveman family.....

I hope that as my kids grow and all four of their little booties can't squeeze on they will still race for the chair
DSC_0766

I hope it is a place they will find comfort and joy and a sense of home and maybe even draw neared to the Lord

DSC_0755
DSC_0759

Where is your place? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!