Friday, October 12, 2012

The Habit of Saying No



Really, I think "No" is the most common word of my life right now!  So sad to say, and I get soooooo tired of saying, "No! No! No!"  I don't even think my kids know what "No" means anymore, it is just a filler, like ummmm, because it is used like every other word.

 I use "No" to often, even when I probably don't need to, I just get so used to saying it.  My girls will ask to do something that is not unreasonable and I just say, "No" sometimes just because it's easier.  It is easier for me to tell them "No, you can't wear a dress up dress," because I don't want to have to hang it up later....... lazy me

Or I just say "No" because I am frustrated with them.
Or I say "No" because they are being annoying.
Heck, I just say "No" because those are the first words out of my mouth.
Seriously, so pathetic.

I just need to get out of the habit of saying "No" just to say "No"
It is all about being intentional really.  And as bad as it sounds, I really have to try and make an effort just to say "Yes" sometimes.  Even if it means sometimes it is more work for me.

There is definitely a time and a place for "No"  Like "No you may not run around with a knife, or, No you may not eat 15 lollipops." 

But when one of the girls asks for a banana do I really need to say, "No"  I mean, if my girls want a healthy snack, why am I saying "No"?

It's balance.  It's logic. It's allowing my girls to have fun.  It's not always be the "no mommy"

Really, how could you even say "No" to these faces.......
IMG_1143

IMG_1130

IMG_1061(1) 

 So here's to saying a few more Yes' in life!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya. I'm working on this too. It's not easy! Love those pictures of your pretty little ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your girls are so beautiful!
    I couldn't imagine saying no to them lol
    Anna
    handmade jewelry

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!