Monday, March 4, 2013

The Dinner Table



There are few things I enjoy more in this life than sitting around a dinner table and enjoying a meal with people.  There is something about that space, about sharing a meal together, about talking and laughing and living life. Whether out to eat or at home the dinner table is where so much of life is lived, not just with our family but so many of our friends.  Even in the Bible, Jesus enjoyed the last supper with his friends, and I love that!

The Dinner table is a place where so many of my childhood memories are kept.  Where I remember my family whole, as one, together and everything was good.

It is a place that holds grand stories and so much laughter!

It is a place where I spent time getting to know my husband, talking eating and learning about one another.

It is a place where friendships are formed and exciting announcements are made!

It is a place where food is enjoyed, or not always so enjoyed
DSC_0036

It is a place where our children have learned so many of their firsts: 
first tastes, first huge messes, first lesson's
DSC_0039

It is a place where our children first learned to talk to Jesus
DSC_0026

DSC_0027

It is a place where our children have learned manners, how to be polite, say "please," "thank you" and "excuse me" and eat quietly (still working on that)

It is a place where I have my last memory of my sister, one I will never forget

It is a place where something vile, like poop, is always brought up while eating

It is a place filled with Love, a place that should never be forgotten
DSC_0038 

So invite a friend over, sit down with your family, share a meal, share life

1 comment:

  1. <3 I agree! Meal time is a great time to be with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!