Monday, April 18, 2011

Aunt Noelle & Uncle Jacob (baby shower)


DSC_0061

Aunt Noelle and Uncle Jacob (Brett's brother) recently came to visit from Cambodia.  They have been living there for a year, and plan on staying in Cambodia indefinitely.   They would be considered missionaries, they work with an awesome organization called In His Steps .  They help deliver women/men/and children from trafficking and teach them about Jesus and help teach them job skills.

DSC09543
Aunt Noelle letting the girls explore her purse, they are wearing matching dresses she bought them


_DSC7778
The girls adore uncle Jacob, especially Norah, who asked to see him everyday!

It was so wonderful to see them and it was even more exciting when they announced to us that they are also having a baby in October!!  It was such a wonderful surprise, and when Jacob and Noelle shared their news they didn't know we were expecting either, so we were able to share the same news with them!  What is even more strange is that when we were pregnant last summer we shared the same surprising news with each other via skype.  Unfortunately, Noelle and I both had miscarriages around the same time.....but now are pregnant again around the same time, so strange that life is so similar even though we are so far away .from each other.

Anyway, we decided to throw Noelle a baby shower while she was in the states.  It was semi last minute, so we only had about 1 week to get everything together.  I totally got the idea from my friend Celine (hope you don't mind), I needed something quick and easy, so we went for the baby shower ice cream parlor idea.  We don't know the gender of Jacob and Noelle's baby yet, so I went with the colors Orange and Pink.

DSC_0026

DSC_0032
DSC_0063

DSC_0030

DSC_0027

DSC_0041

DSC_0037

DSC_0046


I love Noelle! She is the most sincere, life giving, loyal person I have ever known. I am honored to be considered a part of her life. I can't wait for her to have a baby of her own, she is going to be the best mother!

DSC_0062



There were 4 pregnant women there, in order of earliest along to furthest along
DSC_0064

Noelle, Me, Jamie, and Kelly
(and I know about 18 other pregnant women!)

You can read more about Jacob and Noelle's Journey on their blog

I miss them already!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! what a cute shower, loved the orange & pink! ice cream makes such an easy shower doesn't it? looks like it was a hit:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!