Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet moment

My life feels like a very emotional journey lately..... I have had every feeling possible within these past 4 months.  I have been so sad, extremely happy, super cranky, frustrated, and just plain wiped out.  Being pregnant does not help out with the emotional overhaul.

Some things with Norah have been difficult for me, adding to the emotional complexity of everything.  I am learning to bond with her, just like she is with me.  I am learning her personality, and how to better take care of her based on who she is.  She is very easy going with most things, she is a dreamer, with lots of time in la la land.  I love that she is easy going because many things don't bother her, but since she is in la la land she doesn't always listen or pay attention very well.  So much of my frustration just comes from not knowing if I am doing what is right when taking care of her.

Then there are these sweet moments, where I forget every problem in the world.  Like on Thursday, I had a very rough day, I was sick, exhausted, cranky, and sad.  Brett and Maya left the house for a while so it was just Norah and me.  We sat on the couch and I turned on some music.  She stayed sitting on my lap(which never ever happens) and I sang to her.  She cuddled against me and stayed still, a few tears streamed from my eyes because I don't think I have ever had a moment like that with her, one where I felt like I was her mom and she was my daughter and nothing else mattered.   Then she fell asleep (at 645).  This is something Maya has never done, just cuddled in my lap and fallen asleep, so it was so special for me to have Norah do this. Not only that, but I had the rest of the night to myself, just what I needed

DSC_0002

5 comments:

  1. How precious...made me tear up just thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenni, such a sweet, tender moment. made my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved catching up on your family. Congrats on baby #3!! God is so good and He LOVES surprising people. Oh, it also makes me feel better that I am not the only mama whose little girl won't snuggle up or fall asleep in my lap. My Norah won't do it, no matter how tired she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing for both of you to grow in love. May God continue to bless you during this pregnancy and give you the stamina you need as a Mom and Wife in the weeks to come. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet mommy & daughter moment!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!