Friday, May 27, 2011

Norah & Josiah's 2nd Birthday {Milk & Cookies}


DSC_0174

Our trip has been wonderful and there are so many things to write about!  We Celebrated Norah's 2nd birthday while visiting Paradise, we did it that way on purpose.  We just felt like this year it would be best to celebrate Norah with the people who have grown up with her, the people who knew Carrisa best.  We wanted everyone to see Norah, to feel like they were still a part of her life, because they are.

One of Carrisa's good friends, Lynae suggested we combine her son Josiah's birthday, with Norah's.  (side note:  I truly considered Lynae one of my good friends now, I have always known her, but she has made me feel like part of her family and we have this very special connection of knowing Carrisa, she is a wonderful mom of 3 boys and if I lived in Paradise I know we would spend lots of time together)!
Norah and Josiah are just a few days apart in age and share many of the same friends.  I could not have done a party without her help and without the creativity of my sister Danae.  Lynae actually came up with the Milk and Cookies theme, with much of the inspiration coming from this blog.

Lynae and Danae did pretty much all of the work!  I just ordered the cakes and showed up to help decorate!

DSC_0156

DSC_0118

DSC_0120

milkandcookies2

milkandcookies1

milkeandcookies5
the birthday kids, Josiah and Norah

milkandcookies4

DSC_0195

DSC_0191

DSC_0187

DSC_0182

DSC_0170

DSC_0269

milkandcookies7

milkandcookies6

DSC_0252

DSC_0261

To say the Norah L.O.V.E.S cookies is an understatement!
DSC_0264

It was a very fun and special birthday! It was probably one of the most beautiful days outside! I loved seeing all of Carrisa's friends and watching all of the kids have so much fun!   We were blessed in so many ways that day and we love seeing people love and care for Norah so much!  Norah loved every minute and Maya said she didn't ever want to leave!
Thank you everyone for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!