Sunday, December 16, 2012

There is something wrong with my brain



I have been hugging, squeezing and cherishing these little ones a lot these past few days
squeese

More recently Maya has been using this phrase, "Momma, there is something wrong with my brain......... I just can't stop thinking about Christmas (or any other idea that is filling her little brain)
I find it so interesting for her to use this phrase, I love watching her little mind work.

Lately, something has been wrong with my brain too, I just can't stop thinking about what happened in Connecticut.  There have been way to many mass public shootings. Any every single time one happens it is horrific & terrible!!  But there is something about this particular one that really pulls on my heart, and so many others..... the small children, the small innocent children that have died.....and ......it's Christmas time, sheesh.

As I was reading thoughts and posts on facebook, one quote stood out to me that my friend Ann posted, it said this: "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers--so many caring people in this world"---Fred Rogers.

I love this idea of looking for helpers when there is so much bad news, so I have been looking for the helpers, or even the heros. And I found a few like:
  
Victoria Soto, she hid all of her students in cupboards and when the shooter came to her classroom she said her kids were in the gym, and the shooter then guned her down and she died..... saving 14 children.

There is also Kaitlin Roig, who did a similar act, hiding her children in a bathroom and barricading the door, and telling her students, " ‘There are bad guys out there now. We need to wait for the good guys,’”  Thankfully her and her students survived.

And the Principal, Dawn Hochsprung who died lunging at the shooter trying to stop him.

There are still good people, despite some of the horrific evil of others.  I will contintue to pray for these families, for their losses and tremendous pain.  I will also continue to pray for my girls daily, for their protection and try to teach them that sometimes although this world can bring tremendous pain, that we will always have the Hope of Jesus. 


"It is so painful to think of their heartache.  I will continue to teach my son not to FEAR this world, but to be mindful of the pain within it. We point to the heavens for our answers, not place blame on symptomatic politics or try to understand sinful, even choices of humans. Our hope remains in Jesus and our passionate prayers now and always for those mourning their loss...."
(posted by my friend Allan posted orginally from Carl Lentz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!