Sunday, January 30, 2011

Letters: # 1


Dear Maya,

You have such a special place in our hearts because you were our first born..........nothing can change that.  From the moment we found out we were pregnant we were filled with so much joy and love for you!  Our hearts have forever been change......

I knew you were a girl, all along, especially after your grandma Fran died.  I just knew that God had given us a girl.   You were a source of joy in the midst of so much sorrow.   You have part of Fran's name "Rose,"  so that we will never forget Fran, and so that you will always know you have a part of your grandmother with you.  I am so sorry that you will not get to met her on earth, I mourn not just for our loss, but for yours......

I will never forget the first night we brought you home.  We were exhausted from our time at the hospital, but neither of us could fall asleep because we were sooo excited to have you!  You were so tiny (5 lbs, 5 oz), so perfect and a true gift from God.

You were always a happy baby, contagious with your smile.  You have such a love for life!



I  have loved watching your grow!  I could see our personality coming out.  I knew that God had made you very special.   You walked at just over 10 months old because you were determined to do it, and that is a great example of your personality, determined!  You held your breath underwater when you were only 15 months old.  You swam by yourself at just 27 months.   I think you will be able to overcome any obstacle you have in life.   You love to dance, in fact, we dance just about everyday!  You are silly, always making me laugh. Saying things like, "mommy, your ring is so beautiful, you married!??"  You are full of love, joy, and personality.   You have been a source of comfort in some of our hardest moments.  You have a very sensitive heart.  You care about others and when they are sad.   You hug me often.   When you sense I am not ok, you tell me that you love me and that everything will be ok.  I love your sweet and discerning spirit.  You have told us on many occasions that Jesus has told you something, only to find out that it is true!
 I even love your sassiness

You love to paint, and you could do it all day.  I love your creative side, always putting things together, even on your face


You are our "little bug"

We have been a family of just 3 for almost 3 years!  We have only had you. ....... Nothing will ever take away from that special time, we have so many wonderful memories.  I have a hard time even imagining how I can ever love another child as much as you.  Part of me is sad that that time is coming to an end and that this has come so much quicker than expected, but I am also so excited for this new journey in our lives! 

You are going to be a big sister in just 10 days!!  The way you are becoming a big sister is not like most people, but it is the way God has chosen.  We are continually praying that God will prepare you heart for this transition.  We know that in some ways you will love being a big sister and having Norah around, but we know in other ways it will be difficult on you.  Our time will be split, our love will be shared, but you will still be just as important!

Maya, I have always know that God has made you for something extraordinary, something bigger than we could ever imagine and maybe this is part of it....... but I cannot wait to see what He has in store for your life.


Mommy and Daddy love you so much and nothing will ever change that!

2 comments:

  1. Aw that is so sweet. She is such a lucky girl to have such amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very cute and beautiful pictures. she is really lucky girl.

    Letters

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!