Sunday, June 5, 2011

California-Part 4 {The Beach}

Yes, our family just needed a little time away at the beach, can you blame us?  It was my favorite part of the trip!  I Loved that my parents came!  I loved that it was beautiful weather and more than anything I loved watching the girls have so much fun!

Most of you know Northern California Ocean water, is extremely cold, especially in May.  That didn't stop Maya, she just played and played it in, saying over and over "Do it Again!"  Her lips were purple and she was shivering and she kept telling me she wasn't cold and want to keep playing.  Norah, well she wasn't the biggest fan of the water, but she loved eating the sand and she kept telling us over and over that she was "cleaning" the beach, that task could occupy any 2 year old for hours!

I have so many photos from the beach it is so hard to pick a few........
I will start with my favorite one, which most of you have seen on facebook (no editing done)

DSC_0643

Here is the same photo, just a different viewpoint
DSC_0645

I only took a few photos the first day at the beach, my battery died on my camera, boo! So here is Day One
beach5

beach11

Ok back to our 2nd day!

Maya loving everything about the beach
beach6

Sweet Norah
beach7

My adventurous girls! One can't stay out of the water and the other can stop eating sand!
beach2

beach1

Time with Grammy and Poppy
beach9

Husband, Father, Son
beach10

Brett writes our names in the sand every year we go to the beach, except he forgot his own name this time......he said he ran out of room

beach8


Time with Mom
DSC_0792

DSC_0674


We tried a family photo
DSC_0741

DSC_0743


A few Favorites

DSC_0638

DSC_0608

DSC_0612

DSC_0717

DSC_0720


Maya had her first dip in dots, of course she wanted the rainbow ones
beach3

I did a lot of watching my family, enjoying them at this stage, thinking about what is to come. There were a few surreal moments, times where I still couldn't believe that Norah is really part of our family and that I am having a baby.  I had a few moments by myself, they were very good moments, a few tears shed.....  It was a good day at the beach


DSC_0808

Which photo is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. They are all special but I have to say the one of Grandma and Norah as a back shot is my favorite. Norah was loved...is loved...and will always be loved. These photos bring a smile to our hearts. Such cutie pies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great photos! I like the one of them playing in the sand with Gpa and Gma, and the one of Maya with the roller coaster in the background. The Norah sand photos are so funny, too. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!