Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Advent Calendar: Days 1-4

christmas18

It is that holiday time of year, and what better way to start it than with decorating and the tradition of an Advent Calendar. 

christmas2

christmas1


I have seen about 500 different adorable advent calendar ideas on blogs and pinterest, but it was just easiest for me to stick with the recycled Starbucks advent calendar, it is super cute and easy for the girls.

See
christmas5

I want to have some traditions for the girls every year at Christmas, one being and advent calendar that has activities for each of the 24 days before Christmas.  So this post is about the first 4 days of the advent calendar.
Each morning the girls open their numbered advent box and there is a herseys kiss inside and a piece of paper with an activity on it.  I told the girls that the kisses are sent from mommy Carrisa.

Day #1:  
Pick a gift for someone us out of the Compassion Gift Catalog.  I thought it would be best for the girls to start the season off by picking out a gift for someone else.  The Compassion Christmas catalog has practical gifts for families in underdeveloped countries.  The girls picked out baby bottles and a soccer ball.

christmas7

christmas6

Baby Sarah gave her input on buying the bottles, she thought feeding babies for survival was a good idea
christmas8

Day #2
Make Ginger Bread Houses
christmas9

christmas10

christmas11

Our Ginger Village
christmas14

Day #3: 
Make Christmas Pancakes
christmas12

christmas15
that is suppose to be an ornament.........I am not an artist, ok

christmas20

Day #4:
Unwrap a new book and read. I bought the book "What is Christmas," from Amazon.com.  I highly recommend it!!  It is a wonderful children's book that talks about all the fun things that come along with Christmas and that all of those fun things are ok, but that Christmas is really about Jesus.
christmas16

reading our new book together
christmas17

Holidays are so fun with Children. Having the girls is definitely helping me through this season.
christmas19

What are some of your holiday traditions?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see I am wearing the same shirt in day #3 and #4.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!