Tuesday, April 2, 2013

the bathroom



Yes, I am going to do my first house post about the bathroom, haha, so fun, right?  Well, let me tell you the girls bathroom is probably the biggest annoyance of our new house for me.  Don't get me wrong, we love our house and are so blessed, but it is hard when you are moving up in the house world, but little things are downgraded like the girls bathroom. (They had a huge bathroom before with 2 sinks, and linen closet and a separate area for the toilet and shower, a little spoiled, yes)

Let me show you their new bathroom.
DSC_0014

DSC_0006

DSC_0012
blanket empty wall


Yes, there is a long counter with only 1 sink.  Why would the builder do that? to be cheap and save money.... annoyed.  And there is only one tiny cupboard for storage.  I have 3 girls, that aren't even teenagers and they need more storage than that. And that awkward empty space, under the counter, double annoyance



DSC_0010

So that is why the bathroom is one of the first things I worked on, so I didn't feel so annoyed.

And now the makeover
DSC_0022

DSC_0007

DSC_0005

  DSC_0024 I

I wanted to keep the space bright and fun, but make it ok for a baby of either gender.   If it is a girl, an orange or turquoise towel is fine, if it's a boy an orange or turquoise towel is still fine!  I know the whole bathroom definitely leans more towards girly, but I am a girl and have all girls, if we were to have a boy he will just have to get used to it, Brett does, ha!
DSC_0008
free printable and 75 cent frame for salvation army
I got the idea for the picture frames and hooks from this blog
DSC_0017
I already had the hooded towels, they were gifts, you can get them at Kohls
DSC_0015
the frames were only $2 each at ikea and the prints at Costco were 17 cents, cheap.
DSC_0018
Nory bug

 that ackward space under the counter, nothing a cheap ikea cart can't fix
DSC_0010

 DSC_0012

I basically got everything at ikea, towels, rug, frames, shelf.  shower curtain.  It cost around $50 for everything, including, the shelf and cart, towels, etc.

Trust me the rest of the house and space we have outweighs the annoyance of the bathroom and now 
at least I feel a little better about it :O)
DSC_0014DSC_0006

3 comments:

  1. I think you should be a party planner/interior designer! You put together to best stuff! Great job Jenn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a fun bathroom! We are currently surviving with just one tiny bathroom for the 5 of us (and by tiny I mean smaller than your girls' bathroom!). I can't wait to have another bathroom.... someday! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren!! You are a trouper with 5 of you in one small bathroom. Growing up we had 6 kids in one bathroom, I don't know how I got so spoiled :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!