Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Durango 2013 & Mothers day


We took a long weekend and spent some time in Durango, CO.  Brett helps ref a soccer tournament there, lodging provided. and me and the girls hang out and reap all the benefits of his hard work :O)
durango7
there is so much I love about this photo, but mostly that they did this on their own

It is a cute little town and we always love going, plus it is just some different scenery for the girls.  Apparently 2 out of the 3 girls get car sick though, not fun.  But you know what all 3 of the girls did awesome all weekend!  We had so much fun, they loved the condo, all the outside time, the shaved ice, couch beds, the bungy trampoline, honeyville,  the swimming, the parks, and the late nights.

durango1
my baby girl
durango6
my big girl
durango8
my nory bug
durango4
sneaking in time with dad
DSC_0100
weeeee
DSC_0147
sarah just went up and hugged him, so sweet
DSC_0142
Daddy hard at work
DSC_0186
they were so exhausted they slept in past the bright morning sun
DSC_0182
photos I rarely get
DSC_0184
but LOVE
DSC_0078
Norah in timeout.....we all need it sometimes
DSC_0065
climber
DSC_0036
yep, the bag of popcorn is as big as her and so delicious!
DSC_0031
she doesn't even look like a baby!
DSC_0204
it was worth the $9 each for 2 minutes, thanks for earning that money babe!
DSC_0217
especially for Norah, even the guy helping to bounce her was laughing and smiling at her reaction


DSC_0117
ummm lets try a photo later
durango3
ok, ti's really late, but much better!
DSC_0098
serious cuteness
 The only thing that is slightly hard for me is mothers day.  It usually always falls on the same weekend as the tournament and mothers day is just an weird and hard day for me.

 I think it is hard for me because...

because I feel a little isolated and alone (since Brett is working) on a day that is emotionally hard
because I cannot truly celebrate being Norah's mom because a part of me will always know that gift is Carrisa's
because Carrisa only had one mothers day with Norah
 because Norah made me a sweet gift of a heart necklace, to say "I love you" and that sweet little gift was meant to be for Carrisa
because I will always be reminded of the amazing gift of motherhood and how quickly it can be taken away


All 3 of my girls are such a blessing a gift and I love being a mommy, just wish I could share that with my sister.

DSC_0151
well ,we tried a photo....
durango2
and anytime I was feeling sad I would look at Sarah's hair and instantly laugh
 

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures you have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mother is someone to shelter and guide us,
    To love us, whatever we do,
    With a warm understanding and infinite patience,
    And wonderful gentleness, too.

    How often a mother means swift reassurance
    In soothing our small, childish fears,
    How tenderly mothers watch over their children
    And treasure them all through the years.

    The hearth of a mother is full of forgiveness
    For any mistake, big or small,
    And generous always in helping her family
    Whose needs she has placed above all.

    A mother can utter a word of compassion
    And make all our cares fall away,
    She can brighten a home with the sound of her laughter
    And make life delightful and gay.

    A mother possesses incredible wisdom
    And wonderful insight and skill-
    In each human heart is that one special corner
    Which only a mother can fill!
    ----

    Let go of your guilt of not being Norah's biological mother. It is a tragedy that she lost her mother at such a young age, and for you to lose your sister. But Norah couldn't be more fortunate to have you as her mother. You are all of those above things, and more. Harboring guilt and heartache over tragedy beyond your control will only cause harm and uncertainty. I hope that you can achieve inner peace and confidence in knowing that now, you are her true mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,
    You are amazing. I know your sister is watching you with love and thankfulness. Happy Mother's Day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Mother's Day is hard for you. :-( My prayer is that as time goes by, it evolves into something unique and special for your unique and special life. I'm sure there will always be a touch of sadness, but I pray the joy outweighs it. You are an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!