Saturday, February 11, 2012

1 year with Nory


DSC_0180

A year, a year with Norah, so hard to believe.  I had a friend ask me how my day was on our 1 year anniversary of Norah coming to live with us and I told her, "it was great, it feels like Norah has always been a part of our family."  That is really how Brett and I feel, like Norah has just always been here, always been a part of our family, she is a part of our family.

Brett and I wanted to take Norah on a special date, so we had our sitter come watch Maya & Sarah.  Norah's main request, "I want M.A.C.A.R.O.N.I!"  of course.  So we went to Old Chicago and Norah enjoyed her delicious kraft mac & cheese with mom and dad.

Oh and she HAD to bring her blankie
DSC_0196

DSC_0197

She also got a heart shaped balloon
DSC_0205
Love
DSC_0200

The Mac N Cheese was DELICIOUS! See
DSC_0207

Then we took her to chick-fil-a so she could just play
DSC_0214

It was a special time with just Norah.  It was easy and fun.
DSC_0216

And since it has been 1 whole year since Norah has lived with us, yesterday we were finally able to sign her adoption paperwork!!

We went to Brett's work, Compassion, to have all of the paperwork notarized.  It was fun to have someone we know notarize everything, it made everything feel a little more special and personal.  So thank you Angie, for being a part of this process and helping us sign our lives away, or should I say Norah's.

Paperwork in hand
signing6

The girls waiting while we sign
signing3

signing4

and the signing begins
signing1

thanks Angie!
signing2

and the official notarization
signing5


Look how much she has changed in a year
signing8

Norah
you truly are a blessing to our family!  Everyone always says that you are lucky to have us, but really, we feel so lucky to have you.  You have changed our lives, turned our world upside down and taught us how to love in a new way, you are and will always forever be our daughter, our little Nory.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on one year with Nora! I have been following your blog posts all year...I am a friend of Cynthia Gratzers. I am in awe of you and your husbands strength. May this next year bring blessings to you all - Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!