Sunday, February 26, 2012

Best Birthday EVER! {30}


DSC_0243

Ok, so I like to celebrate!  Life is worth it!  Birthdays matter to me.  As my birthday approached I heard my husband ask someone, "who even wants to celebrate their 30th birthday?"

Me: "Ummm I Do!"
Husbands response: "I don't know how to do that, you know, how to throw a big party?"
Me: "Oh, I don't want that.  I want a Limo, with my friends!"
Husband: "Ok!"

Did you know that I have never been in a limo, not for a wedding or anything, which is one of the reasons I wanted one!  I wanted my closest girls friends, I wanted fun music and I wanted yummy food that I didn't have to cook.

Prep work
1.I asked my friends for at least 2 of their favorite dance party songs (no judgements on what they picked) and my friends are awesome, they picked GREAT songs!
2. Brett handled all of the limo preparations
3. Brett helped to compile a dance party mix for the limo
4. Brett bought some yummy drinks
5. Brett made homemade caramel party favors and burned a copy of the cd for all the girls to have as party favors
jennibirthday1
6. We baked some cupcakes
7.  We tried to make a reservation at the Cheesecake factory (fail) oh well, Red Robin will do!

 Ok, seriously people I have the BEST husband!

We met up at my friend Sara's house.  She made homemade salsa with chips, yum!
DSC_0225

Limo time
DSC_0229

DSC_0242


It took about 2 seconds to get the party started and it was SO MUCH FUN!
"I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night" (1st song)
I am still smiling about it as I write

jennibirthday5

"We're gonna party likes it's your birthday" (or mine!)
jennibirthday2

Raise your glass
DSC_0276

3 favorite quotes of the night

1.Caitlin: "I loved that I had so much fun with Moms!"

2. Gabby, "It is really hot in here, that would have been great if you put the song 
"hot in here" on the mix"  
Me: "oh I did!"

3. All of us " I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche! Scaramouche! will you do the
Fandango?! " (Bohemiah rhapsody)



I just loved so much about it!   The girls that were with me (Ihave such great friends), the dancing, the fun fun fun. It was so fun to dress up and get out of our sweats (ok, I actually I never wear sweats and neither do most of my friends) but you know, have fun as moms!

Oh and I actually got gifts, which I wasn't really expecting, like tangible, wrapped gifts
DSC_0263

Dinner at Red Robin
DSC_0272

birthday4

birthday12

I am still wondering what our limo driver thought about it all, I really hope he got a good laugh.

On our way home
birthday13

jennibirthday4

birthday1

And Caitlin, she was the life of the party! See!
 Thank you to Caitlin and all of my great friends for helping to make it the best birthday EVER!  Really though, thank you Husband, for doing all of this and allowing me to have fun with my friends and forget I was 30 for a few hours! You are the best!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like SO much fun! Many blessings to you for the year ahead. My family is planning a Disney World trip for my 30th in May. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you had an amazing time. You deserved the best and it looks like that is what you got!

    God Bless,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a really fun 30th! Happy (late) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun ride! I had the same thought for my birthday two years ago. I didn’t request it from my family; I just kind of mentioned how cool it would be to be on one. I was taken aback when they surprised me with a special three-hour trip on that kind of limousine for my 32nd birthday. Did the ride include those drinks, aside from the custom music selection they were playing for you party moms?

    Earnestine Novick

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!