Ok, so I like to celebrate! Life is worth it! Birthdays matter to me. As my birthday approached I heard my husband ask someone, "who even wants to celebrate their 30th birthday?"
Me: "Ummm I Do!"
Husbands response: "I don't know how to do that, you know, how to throw a big party?"
Me: "Oh, I don't want that. I want a Limo, with my friends!"
Did you know that I have never been in a limo, not for a wedding or anything, which is one of the reasons I wanted one! I wanted my closest girls friends, I wanted fun music and I wanted yummy food that I didn't have to cook.
1.I asked my friends for at least 2 of their favorite dance party songs (no judgements on what they picked) and my friends are awesome, they picked GREAT songs!
2. Brett handled all of the limo preparations
3. Brett helped to compile a dance party mix for the limo
4. Brett bought some yummy drinks
5. Brett made homemade caramel party favors and burned a copy of the cd for all the girls to have as party favors
6. We baked some cupcakes
7. We tried to make a reservation at the Cheesecake factory (fail) oh well, Red Robin will do!
Ok, seriously people I have the BEST husband!
We met up at my friend Sara's house. She made homemade salsa with chips, yum!
It took about 2 seconds to get the party started and it was SO MUCH FUN!
"I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night" (1st song)
I am still smiling about it as I write
"We're gonna party likes it's your birthday" (or mine!)
Raise your glass
3 favorite quotes of the night
1.Caitlin: "I loved that I had so much fun with Moms!"
2. Gabby, "It is really hot in here, that would have been great if you put the song
"hot in here" on the mix"
Me: "oh I did!"
3. All of us " I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche! Scaramouche! will you do the
Fandango?! " (Bohemiah rhapsody)
I just loved so much about it! The girls that were with me (Ihave such great friends), the dancing, the fun fun fun. It was so fun to dress up and get out of our sweats (ok, I actually I never wear sweats and neither do most of my friends) but you know, have fun as moms!
Oh and I actually got gifts, which I wasn't really expecting, like tangible, wrapped gifts
Dinner at Red Robin
I am still wondering what our limo driver thought about it all, I really hope he got a good laugh.
On our way home
And Caitlin, she was the life of the party! See!